About This Blog You're On

My photo
AUSTIN, TX, United States
a lot of MUSIC, FREEDOM, CULTURE and a little of everything else

Monday, December 27, 2010

MIRAGE THE SAVANT ALBUM: WHAT THE PEOPLE ARE SAYING

In-case you dont know I (MIRAGE) have recently released my latest album called The Savant on November 22nd. The Savant is a very special project for me because out of the 5 solo albums and the group album I have with my group The Guud, I have had the most input on this one. I actually produced 70% of this album. Thats big for me because I just started making beats in 2008 and im still pretty guarded on letting the world hear them. This album is almost like my first album in my mind. Anyway here are some early reviews that I have recieved thus far. I will be adding more to this post as time goes on.



YOU CAN BUY IT ONLINE RIGHT NOW @ WWW.REVERBNATION.COM/MIRAGE512 (CHECK MY STORE)



C. SMITH

I have to say that listening to this album made me very angry, why are you not bigger? Your sound and post production is very professional and tight. You present a positive message through out the album. You have a sound that while original and experimental is still very radio friendly.

I have listened to this album at least 14 times since I got it a week ago. It is in my car on repeat, so I hear it every time I get in my car.

Generally I have an issue with intros to albums, they always seam pretentious, but even that worked for me.

I don't want you to think I am blowing smoke up your butt, if I had anything really bad to say you can believe I damn well would, but there isn't anything glaringly bad on this album. The only thing I have an issue with, and it is a small one, is the vocal in the background on SMELL GOOD, "Mister Miagi on some bar number 9." the "On" in the middle seams like it may be just a smidgen off beat. I noticed it as a drummer but I had to listen 3 times to figure it out so it is really really close.

I liked the way you included others on your album, it made it feel like the album is part of a community and not just a "ME, ME, Me" presentation to the world.

I know most of this sounds cheesy, but that is who I am.






D. PARNES
Like a great baseball hitter, Mirage uses the whole field. In The Savant Album, Mirage uses complex sounds to back up a smooth voice. I’m a metal fan, but ya gotta appreciate how he uses (in track 3, "If you Believe") keyboards, xylophone, and bongos in the same tune!


HERES THE VIRAL VIDEO AND THE COMMERCIAL








No comments:

Post a Comment