About This Blog You're On

My photo
AUSTIN, TX, United States
a lot of MUSIC, FREEDOM, CULTURE and a little of everything else

Monday, March 19, 2012

ANDRE 3000 TALKS NEW OUTKAST MUSIC AND CURRENT MOTIVATION




Andre 3000 talked to GQ about working on solo and collaborative projects as opposed to embarking on any new OutKast material. He intimated that, while he wants to tap back into the spirit of early OutKast days on his next solo effort, there’s a big difference between being 16 and 36.

There’s been a lot of talk on the Internet about an OutKast album and I have to say that as of now, there are no plans for another OutKast album. There’s a lot of music on the horizon. I’ve been living off the excitement of new artists. I’ve been privileged to have these new artists kind of reach out and grab back and say, “Hey, Andre, we want you on this song.” So I’ve been taking those calls and for the last two years, I’ve been doing collaborations. So these new artists have kind of been keeping me alive. I’ve just really been feeding off of that and this year I think I’m planning to do a solo project. I don’t know when it will come out, but hopefully it’ll come out this year. As far as OutKast, I really don’t know if or when that will happen…The only thing I can really say [about the solo record] is I’m going to get back to having fun because that’s what it was all about when I started this in high school—with OutKast—those were like high school dreams. I’m 36 now, so I have grown-man dreams. This album will just be me being myself as normal.

While we wish Andre would never grow up, we can take Cee Lo’s promise of a new Goodie Mob album as consolation. Sadly, it seems the working title has changed from We Sell Drugs Too to Age Against the Machine, which sounds pretty…old.
_______________________________________________________________________________

NOW, IF YOU ARE A DUNGEON FAMILY LOVER LIKE ME THIS IS BITTER SWEET. I LOVE OUTKAST NO DOUBT BUT I LOVE ANDRE AND BIG BOI AS SOLO ARTIST TOO BUT I LOVE SEEING THEM AS OUTKAST, THERES JUST MAGIC THERE ITS UNDENIABLE. AT THE SAME TIME I UNDERSTAND WHERE NDRE IS COMING FROM AS AN ARTIST IM SO MUCH DIFFERENT THAN I WAS IN MY TEENS. I REALLY WISH THAT DRE AND BIG WERE IN THE SAME SPACE IN THE CREATIVE SENSE OF THE WORD BUT OUTKAST WILL HAPPEN WHEN ITS THE RIGHT TIME.

No comments:

Post a Comment